Planning and Implications
- Physical education teacher candidates plan and implement developmentally appropriate learning experiences aligned with local, sate and national standards to address the diverse needs of students.
Elements- teacher candidates will:
Plan and implement progressive and sequential instruction that addresses the diverse needs of ll students
Artifact: Gymnastics Instructor
Working at Julies Gym I often had to start teaching students the basics of gymnastics and then building upon that. As we learned more complexed skills I would use demonstration, and visual aids. Also to help the students I would make modifications to make the skill harder and easier. I would use blocks and spotting to make sure the students were safe. I made sure that the students had masted there skill before moving on to the next one.
New York State Standard for Physical Education
- students will understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources
Key Ideas: Students will-
1. Will be aware and able to access opportunities available to them within their community to engage in physical activity
2. Be informed consumes and be able to evaluate facilities and programs
3. Be aware of some career options in the field of physical fitness and sports